Sunday, November 21, 2010

PDM:

amy davis in a still from Pig Death Machine

 

I'm looking forward to seeing PIG DEATH MACHINE, a new Jon Moritsugu + Amy Davis feature movie that has been shot and will be out in 2011. 

It's a psychological horror screwball comedy-- and I'll get to see my name in the credits! They partially funded the project through small contributions, and some of the contributors will get an on-screen thank you. I purchased a tiny amount of fame for a tiny amount of money. I would have supported this anyway, though.

I am a longtime fan of Jon's punk rock aesthetic and totally independent approach to film.  I was fortunate enough to meet him years ago through his sister, the excellent painter Alison Moritsugu (one of my first artist-friends when I moved to NYC in 1990).

Previous films by Jon, or Jon + Amy include:

2002 Scumrock  [Best Feature / New York Underground Film Festival]
1997 Fame Whore  [Best Feature / New York Underground Film Festival]
more Jon + Amy's info at IMDb here


No comments: