Friday, September 17, 2010

Visitation:


 winter beach, watercolor on paper
Polina Barskaya
click image to enlarge



Polina Barskaya exhibition “The Visitors”

@Kent Place Gallery
September 15 – October 8, 2010
Reception September 23, 2010, 6 - 8 pm.

info & directions: 

Barsakaya:
"I was born in Ukraine in 1984, which was still part of the Soviet Union. When I was 4 years old most of my family immigrated to the United States as political refugees… I grew up in Brighton Beach, a predominantly Russian-Jewish neighborhood in Brooklyn… American television was a big influence on me. My reality was defined by Old World Soviet-Jewish mentality and New World American values and freedoms…" 

She takes a keen interest in the complexity of character and situation in the works of Godard, Fellini, Almodovar and Woody Allen:
"…one goal I have is to be able to do what a filmmaker does, only with paint."

No comments: